It’s friggin’ June!
Come with your questions!
That and Colorado appears to be headed back to the Big 12 along with Arizona.
Nebraska had recruiting visits this past weekend.
It sounds like 12-14 days of team building!
What types of activities do you think would work best for team building while living in a dorm?
“We are going old school,” Rhule told HuskerOnline. “We are moving into the dorms on campus — coaches, too. Nobody is living in their apartment for 12 days to two weeks."— Steven Sipple (@steven_sipple) June 5, 2023
Love this ...https://t.co/bzDQXsb9SL via @on3sports
I asked ChatGPT and this is what that Sly AI came up with:
Here are some team building activities you can consider for your dorm:
- Escape Room Challenge: Create an escape room experience within your dorm. Set up puzzles, riddles, and challenges in different rooms or areas of the dormitory. Split into teams and see which team can solve the puzzles and escape the fastest.
- Scavenger Hunt: Organize a dorm-wide scavenger hunt. Create a list of items or clues that participants need to find within the dormitory or on the campus. You can divide into teams and compete to see who can find all the items or complete the hunt first.
- DIY Cooking Competition: Host a cooking competition where each team is given a limited budget and ingredients. They must work together to create a unique and delicious dish. Encourage creativity and presentation. Have judges taste the dishes and declare a winner.
- Sports Tournament: Organize a sports tournament within the dormitory. Choose popular games like basketball, soccer, or volleyball. Divide into teams and compete against each other. This can be a great way to promote physical activity and teamwork.
- Board Game Night: Set aside an evening for board games. Bring in a variety of board games that encourage teamwork and cooperation, such as Pandemic, Codenames, or Settlers of Catan. Divide into small groups and have fun playing together.
- Movie Night: Host a movie night in your dorm common area. Let everyone vote on a movie, provide snacks, and encourage discussions and bonding during and after the movie. You can also have a themed movie night, where everyone dresses up as characters from the movie.
- Talent Show: Organize a dorm talent show where residents can showcase their skills and talents. It can include singing, dancing, comedy acts, or any other talent. Encourage participation and provide a supportive and fun environment for everyone.
- Community Service: Plan a community service project that the whole dorm can participate in. It could be volunteering at a local shelter, organizing a clothing drive, or cleaning up a nearby park. Working together for a common cause can strengthen bonds and foster a sense of community.