We will try and update this throughout the week as they release more of the testing information. First up was the vertical jump. Second was the pro agility. Third was the 10-yard split. Today, we have the strength index.
Going back to the old tradition of publishing testing results for the Nebraska Football program, the Huskers have started this week by explaining the process that they go through. I could wax poetic about it, or I could simply let Boyd Epley do it himself.
Now, I present to you the Top 6 in the Strength Index.
It’s my understanding that Boyd requires that you get 500 points or more from both the Hang Clean and the Squat. The fact that they only released a Top 6, and Williams had a number as low as 505 it makes me think that nobody else got 500 points form both lifts.
Also, doing some math the ranking goes as follows (even though the picture doesn’t put them in that order):
- Damian Jackson, OLB, 270 pounds - 1,127 points
- Cam Taylor-Britt, DB, 198 pounds - 1,094 points
- Cam Jurgens, OL, 290 pounds - 1,085 points
- Phalen Sanford, DB, 200 pounds - 1,056 points
- Chris Kolarevic, LB, 228 pounds - 1,054 points
- Deontai Williams, 203 pounds - 1,018 points
Of course Cam Jurgens’s squat jumps off the page immediately. Damian Jackson obviously took advantage of what is known as “old man strength.”
This makes Phalen Sanford and Deontai Williams to make all four lists.