I thought about doing a video giving an update where NIL - Name, Image, Likeness - legislation and policy is at, but it’s pretty damned complicated.
I decided instead to do a bit on why Nebraska fans should be in favor of college athletes getting paid.
First, there’s this concept that freedom is good, a concept most Americans find appealing. There are others who do not find freedom appealing. Are you one of them?
I tell you:
- Why Athletes should be able to make money off themselves
- Why Blake Lawrence is the second coming of Boyd Epley
- Why you would have wanted to buy a Mikaela Foecke shirt
- About leveling the playing field with the SEC because they’ve been paying players for years
- How all of this could explode, turn college sports into the Wild West. What’s so bad about the Wild West?
- You can accept change, or you can get left behind. Which would be better for Nebraska?
Probably more things in here I forgot.
I have a book out!
On August 21st, 2015, I unexpectedly dropped dead of a widowmaker heart attack. I was shocked five times on the way to the hospital with no response. I was shocked two more times in the ER. I was dead for over 20 minutes. A stent was placed, and I was induced into a coma. In January 2016 I received a second stent and in June I was diagnosed with an anoxic brain injury.
I wrote a book about my death and recovery. The title, “Been Dead, Never Been To Europe” reflects the ironic nature of life, what happens versus what we want to happen. It’s available at Amazon. If you wonder what it’s like to have trauma happen and recover, or have a brain injury and lose everything you’ve ever known, this book is for you.
Consider signing up for my newsletter, which is about everything BUT sports.
Check out this twitter thread from Blake Lawrence, the new Boyd Epley:
On Friday, autographed Trevor Lawrence trading cards were released.— Blake Lawrence (@Blake_Lawrence) March 7, 2021
They sold out in less than a minute.
$74,250 in a minute
Big name, big money.
But it won’t be just the superstars that earn significant cash from cards in the NIL era.
Quick Thread pic.twitter.com/9hJEPjoQdG