Nebraska’s Cam Chick was named the Big Ten Baseball Player of the Week!
- Delivered a 1.333 slugging percentage to help the Huskers take the Iowa series at Duane Banks Field for the first time since 2013
- Went 4-for-8 at the plate, with three runs scored, nine RBI, two doubles and two home runs
- Recorded three of the Huskers’ 13 hits on Saturday, including a grand slam to highlight a seven-run third and a two-run shot in the sixth
- Wins his first career Big Ten Player of the Week award
- Last Nebraska Big Ten Player of the Week: Joe Acker (March 10, 2020)
Your #B1GBaseball #PlayeroftheWeek is Cam Chick of @Husker_Baseball ⤵️— Big Ten Baseball (@B1Gbaseball) March 24, 2021
⚾ Delivered a 1.333 slugging percentage to help the Huskers take the series at Iowa
⚾ Went 4-for-8 at the plate, with 3 runs, 9 RBI, 2 doubles and 2 home runs
➡️ https://t.co/YAMALucSgi pic.twitter.com/0Rcf3JnN5R
Chick blasted balls all over the park in Nebraska’s series win at Iowa last weekend.
He came into the weekend hitting .174 (4-for-23), then proceeded to decimate Hawkeye pitching, going 4-for-8, hitting two home runs while adding two doubles for 9 RBIs.
Saturday, Chick hit a grand slam in the third inning, then added another two-run homer in this sixth as Nebraska went on to win 10-8. Chick added three more RBIs and a double in Sunday’s series-clinching win.
GOOD JOB CAM CHICK!