I've borrowed Scott Frost quotes from Dirk Chatelain's piece to create a depressing matching game. Which quotes go with which game? The depressing part is the sameness of the quotes over a 3-4 year period.
- "I came back to Nebraska to get this fixed, and I'm gonna do it."
- "We seem to find new and innovative ways to give a game away."
- "I've had too many of those conversations with these guys."
- "I’ve only been part of a couple that are tougher than this."
- "It's hard to imagine the things that have happened to us all happening to us."
- "Little details got us beat. I know the guys are tired of hearing that. I'm tired of saying it, but that's what it is."
- "There's 100 ways we could have won that game."
- "Sooner or later, we need to be buttoned up and detailed enough to make sure these close games go our way."
- "We had no business losing that game."
- Northwestern 2018
- Colorado 2019
- Indiana 2019
- Purdue 2019
- Iowa 2019
- Iowa 2020
- Michigan State 2021
- Michigan 2021
- Minnesota 2021
Answers can be found by reading Chatelain's article. I know mixed opinions of the guy exist around here, but he did nominate Jon for a Pulitzer after the Minnesota game, so he can't be all bad.