A lot has happened over the past few months of 2020. Covid-19 has come into our lives and transformed them forever. The outbreaks, hospitalizations, and shutdowns have done a number on all of us across the country and world.
Below are a few observations that I have learned over time and I believe that everyone should have a better understanding of what we are dealing with so I will share them with you today. Hopefully they will help you make sense of what is going on. These are difficult times and we need to help each other out as much as possible.
- Snakes don’t have arms, that’s why they don’t wear vests.
- Celery is a useless food.
- The dollar menu at a fast food restaurant is usually no worse than anything else on the menu.
- No one likes Kale. If they do, they’re lying.
- Essential oils just smell good. That’s it, they do nothing else.
- Making your own deodorant just gives your family a lifetime of jokes at your expense.
- Getting old just means stretching more.
- Qdoba and Chipotle are the same place.
- Cut your nails.
- Boss pedals are great and there is nothing wrong with them. You don’t always need true bypass. You probably don’t even know what true bypass is.
- Just because you put the lotion on the skin, doesn’t mean you won’t get the hose again. I can’t stress this enough people.
- Philadelphia smells
- Don’t be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood.
- Spay and neuter your pets.
- What, me worry?
- Don’t take Metamucil unless you really need to.
- Kevin Smith
- Peanut butter and hot sauce go well together.
- Godfathers and Valentino's are the same pizza but with different sauce.
- The desert changes you.
- Julia Roberts is annoying.
- Day drinking is better than night drinking.
- I miss the Shutdown Fullcast and it’s crew.
- Maynard James Keenan was right.
- It’s not Pelini’s fault.
- It’s not how far you go, it’s how go you far.
- Kirk Herbstreet, Paul Finebaum, & Colin Cowherd are usually right whether you like it or not. Skip Bayless just likes to talk.
- Runza onion rings are not good. The dipping sauce that goes with it is useless.
- Let your aging relatives eat and drink whatever they want. They’ve deserved it. Unless they don’t.....
- Joe Rogan just knows how to ask the right questions.
- Tim Miles did more for Nebraska than you will ever know or understand.
- We need South Park now more than ever. Unfortunately, life is more absurd and getting more so at a quicker rate than they can write at this moment.
- The Witcher isn’t anything like Game of Thrones, it’s better.
- Rush is overrated.
- Go, big papa.
- The sports supplement industry is a sham.
- Be nice
- It’s not Callahan’s fault.
- Pass go
- Gibson likes to make mistakes.
- Fly fishing is an art.
- Spam has a bad rap.
- Bouncing Souls
- When in doubt, add mayo.
- Don’t forget to water. (going outside to water after I write that)
- You need a healer.
- Don’t upset a librarian.
- Uwe Boll might have been ahead of his time.
- Everybody to the limit!
In 1971, Nebraska's best schoolboy athlete turned down the Huskers — and became an Antelope | Sports | omaha.com
“If you leave,” Bob Devaney says, “you’ll always wonder if you could play Big Eight football.” But for all the firepower present in Abel Hall, the voice of wisdom Tom
Just missed on our list, but should have Husker fans' attention
All four seem well positioned on the runway for a takeoff. While these players didn't end up in the final rankings on our Most Indispensable Huskers, they received votes and certainly could loom large for Nebraska football in the season ahead.
Other News From The Sporting World
5 most desirable additions to IU’s football schedule - The Crimson Quarry
If the Big Ten somehow actually plays a 10-game schedule, each team will need to pick up an opponent
SEC commissioner on saving football season: 'We are running out of time' | Mizzou Sports News | stltoday.com
While the Big Ten and Pac-12 have canceled nonconference games, SEC's Greg Sankey says his level of concern is 'high to very high.'
ACC Releases Statement On Upcoming Football Season
The conference will be stalling for more time as Commissioner John Swofford made a statement today
Atlanta Braves not changing name, looking at 'chop' celebration
The Atlanta Braves said they will not change their name but are considering whether the tomahawk chop is appropriate.
NJCAA expected to announce 2020 junior college football season moving to spring amid COVID-19 pandemic - CBSSports.com
Another college football scheduling domino is expected to fall Monday
Maryland suspends football workouts after nine individuals test positive for coronavirus - Baltimore Sun
On July 7-8, the University Health Center conducted on-campus screening of 185 athletes and staff; nine individuals tested positive for COVID-19.
Nebraska Shrine Bowl's top defensive player embodies South's strategy: fast and physical | NE Prep Zone | omaha.com
“We knew that they were big, but we knew that we had more heart and that we were faster,” said South defensive lineman Jacob Ludwig of Ashland-Greenwood, voted the Defensive
UFC 251 Callout Collection: Will winners get what they want?
Petr Yan and Amanda Ribas were among those who name-dropped their preferred next opponents at UFC 251 in Las Vegas.
Blue Jays exploring playing home games in Buffalo, per report
MLB's only international franchise may need to temporarily relocate to the states for the upcoming shortened season.
Sherman: How playing only Big Ten games could impact Nebraska – The Athletic
Huskers officials praised the league's plan Thursday, but many details are unknown and plenty of questions remain.
College football’s leaders are answering the wrong questions - Banner Society
The football part’s not safe until the college part is.
Lafayette's and Lehigh's football schedules in a shambles due to coronavirus pandemic - The Morning Call
Lafayette's and Lehigh's football schedules in a shambles due to coronavirus pandemic and the Ivy League canceling its fall sports seasons.
Big Ten football: South Dakota State's game at Nebraska canceled
The Big Ten announced Thursday that it is going to a 10-game, conference-only football schedule this fall.
Big Ten conference only schedule: Cincinnati at Nebraska game off for now
The Cincinnati football team will no longer play Nebraska in 2020 after the Big Ten announced conference-only schedules for its fall sports teams.
Central Michigan stands to lose millions with no Big Ten opponents
Big Ten football teams had been scheduled to play 33 non-conference games at home, meaning millions will be lost in payouts to visiting teams.
Sealed copy of Super Mario Bros. breaks record for most expensive game ever sold - The Verge
A mint copy of the original 1985 Super Mario Bros. just sold for $114,000 at an auction, breaking the record for the most expensive game ever sold and surpassing last year’s $100,150 auction for a copy of the game of similar quality.
(watch through the credits)