This episode I am joined by my former SBNation boss, Matt Brown, who now writes a “freemium” newsletter and as of today announces a new venture.
Matt Brown, author of the Extra Points newsletter, and Daniel Libit, founder/editor of The Intercollegiate, have announced a partnership that will merge their creative entities under a new company, The Collegiate Model, LLC (h/t the NCAA). The new collaboration, which will operate under the editorial banner of The Intercollegiate, will commence July 13.
Matt and I discuss:
- The Big Ten’s announcement of playing conference-only games.
- Whether Big Ten schools can get out of their non-conference game contracts and whether or not they should show some diplomacy towards those opponents they might not want to pay.
- Is the Covid virus an “Act of God”? What is force majeure?
- Why should I, as a Nebraska fan, care whether or not the Group of Five schools are hurt by financial difficulties?
- Will there be college football?
- What’s with this undercurrent of fans who want college football to be more ordered like the NFL? Don’t they know you cannot create order from chaos?
- Is life without risk? Why are we in this position?
I would really appreciate it if you could subscribe to our podcasts!
Leave a Review!
You could go out on the Apple podcast app and leave a review for us as well.