Jermarcus “Yoshi” Hardrick and I talk about the disappointing loss to Minnesota. “Disappointing” is such a mild word to use here. There’s no profanity in this podcast, which is pretty... surprising. “Surprising” is a good word to describe the 2020 Minnesota - Nebraska game.
Some points of interest:
- Why did Nebraska play mostly zone defense against Minnesota when the week before our beloved Huskers shut down Purdue receivers David Bell and Rondale Moore playing mostly man defense
- Minnesota came into the game giving up 6.82 yards per carry on defense - why didn’t Nebraska run the ball more?
- Game plans - can they be changed easily? Quickly?
- How he felt about the first play of the game being a sideways pass
- Pass blocking technique
- Why You Hold A Guy You Can’t Block
- Why experience matters
- Why Rutgers is a dangerous opponent