Review the “Best” and “Worst” moments
- 6-10 Worst Moments - Iowa, Texas, Ohio State, Bo Pelini recording, BYU’s Hail Mary
- #5 The 2017 loss to Minnesota
- #4 Losing the 2010 Big 12 championship to Oklahoma
- #3 The Death Of Sam Foltz
- #2 The 2012 Big Ten championship game (70-31)
- 6-10 Best Moments - Miami, Iowa (and DPE), T-Mart vs KSU, hiring Scott Frost, “10-men” tribute to Sam Foltz
- #5 - Upsetting Michigan State 2015
- #4 - Roy Helu, Jr. and 307 yards
- #3 - Hail Mary vs Northwestern - RK3 to 1
- #2 - The Comeback vs OSU in 2011
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
If so, the Nebraska football program should be very flattered by what has transpired since a seven-year old cancer patient received a handoff in the 2013 spring football game and ran 69 yards for a touchdown (a few of those are listed here).
I can’t say it any better than the Husker broadcast crew of Greg Sharpe and Matt Davison
Hoffman’s run earned him an ESPY award as the best sports moment of the year in 2013
Is it a little dusty in here?
What is Jack up to these days?
He is still battling cancer and took the field this past fall with his junior high football team, playing center. He was even awarded a full scholarship to Midland University by coach Jeff Jamrog who was on Bo Pelini’s staff (football operations) during the 2013 season.
Of course, the Team Jack Foundation is still very active in raising awareness and money for pediatric brain cancer. Team Jack is the Nebraska charity in the annual competition to raise money between Nebraska and Minnesota fans. The competition prominently features the awesome broken chair trophy.
Jill’s note: The fan voting process for picking the worst moments of the decade may have gotten it wrong (not putting Sam Foltz at the #1 worst moment) but I think the best moments voting nailed it. Good work Corn Nation!