Nebraska vs. Butler Game Thread
Time: 8:00pm CST
Location: Lincoln, NE
Odds: Nebraska (-4)
Before you start going at it below, let’s go over a few things about the National Invitational Tournament. There are a few key differences on how these games are played in comparison to regular college basketball games. The rules that have been changed are as follows:
- The 3-point line will be extended from 20 feet, 6 inches to 22 feet, 1 and 3/4 inch, which is the same as the one used internationally.
- The lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet. This is the same as the NBA.
- One-and-one bonuses will be eliminated. Every bonus equals two shots.
- Each half will be divided into two 10-minute periods. Thee team foul count will reset at each 10-minute mark. In overtime, the team foul counts will also reset.
- A team will be in the bonus after the other team’s fifth foul in each 10-minute period (and fourth team foul in overtime), and/or after a second team foul with under two minutes to play in each 10-minute period (same applies for overtime).
- After a team collects an offensive rebound, the shot clock will reset to 20 seconds instead of the normal 30 seconds.
So, there ya go. you now are all better versed in what goes in during an NIT game.
Now, let’s beat Butler.