Straight out of the the athletic department to me and then to you - Scott Frost has completed his coaching staff.
Nebraska Head Coach Scott Frost has announced the addition of three coaches to his Husker staff. Troy Walters and Sean Beckton were added to the Nebraska offensive staff after serving on Frost’s UCF staff the past two seasons, and Zach Duval will lead the Husker football strength and conditioning program.
That means that Frost will retain his core staff from UCF, and therefore John Parrella and the Williams will not be retained.
Frost’s Staff is as follows:
- Troy Walters - Offensive Coordinator/Receivers
- Greg Austin - Offensive Line
- Ryan Held - Running Backs
- Mario Verduzco - Quarterbacks
- Sean Beckton - Tight Ends/Recruiting Coordinator
- Barrett Ruud - Inside Linebackers
- Erik Chinander - Defensive Coordinator
- Mike Dawson - Defensive Line
- Jovan Dewitt - Outside LBs/Special Teams
- Travis Fisher - Defensive Backs
- Zach Duval - Head Football Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Roman Sapolu - Graduate Assistant Coach - Offensive Line
- Andrew Seumalo - Graduate Assistance Coach - Defensive Line
- Nick Smith - Graduate Assistant Coach - Special Teams
- Tavita Thompson - Graduate Assistant Coach - Tight Ends
And then a whole bunch of oversight and administrative positions that I’m not going to bother to name.
Scott Frost is known for being a very loyal coach and it is shown in his hires to Nebraska. In a radio interview with ESPN earlier, this is what Frost had to say on the topic:
"When I hired a staff at UCF, I hired the best coaches I knew, but even more importantly I hired guys that were in the business to be mentors and guys that were going to genuinely care about players,"
He believes knows what he is getting with these coaches and wants to make them work in Lincoln. Hopefully the transition goes smooth for the new hires as they are coming in to a team where many of the player have had multiple coaches over the past 1 to 3 years.