So we’ve made it to the end of the season. That’s the best thing I can say about this season.
I gave my upbeat take on why we shouldn’t lose hope last week. So that is out of the way. Now for more pessimism.
Five reasons the Hawkeyes will beat the Huskers.
1. Kirk Ferentz is a genius- We hear Kirk’s name surface every year as a candidate for NFL jobs, and yet he loyally stays at Iowa for some reason every year. What a genius.
2. We are playing at home- We have a losing record at home. Again. WE HAVE A LOSING RECORD AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
3. We may give up our record to set some records- It is within reason to think we could have two WR break the Huskers season yardage record. Will we just keep airing it out to get these guys in the books rather than to pound the ball and win the game?
4. We can’t pound the ball and win the game- The main reason these guys are approaching records is because we’ve had to throw cause we can’t run.
5. Bob Diaco’s final revenge- Diaco should be fired immediately before Riley is. Diaco is an Iowa alum. Even though the defensive effort won’t be worse than in some other games (it can’t be, right?) I could see Diaco saying it was his love of Iowa that led him to take the foot off the pedal in a desperate attempt to get a job there next year.
Don’t forget, IF we DO win, maybe we can be the first team to go to 2 bowls with a losing record.