Several notes to pass along from this weekend:
- DFW wide receiver and Nebraska target Gavin Holmes ended his recruitment tonight and picked Baylor, where he just finished off a official visit.
Don’t be dismayed at this commitment, as the staff had cooled off on Gavin a fair amount this past week. With only probably two more spots available in this class, there’s players that won’t fit.
- Speaking of WR targets that may be getting slimmed down, Nick Robinson announced in a surprise that he’s going to be committing in a few days.
I think Robinson was a Plan B or even C guy for Nebraska, so there’s no big loss here. I suppose he would become a take if Nebraska lost out on the Kurt Rafdal sweepstakes to Iowa, but that’s probably it.
- From the visitors this weekend, it looks like the final stop seems to be Wilderness Ridge for breakfast/brunch, where the staff takes their photos. Deontre Thomas took his photos with his HC, DC and DL coach this morning.
- If you’re still edgy and want to know who is on decommit status - one name to point out is Guy Thomas. He went on a OV to Pittsburgh, and has one scheduled to Louisville on the final weekend before National Signing Day.
Decommits, like I’ve tried to tell y’all, happen. I thought that Thomas would have shut it down after his Nebraska visit, but here we are.
-A fair amount of the pay sites are reporting that Elijah Blades really dug his visit to Lincoln. Blades will not be taking any more OV’s this cycle, so Nebraska gets the last shot to impress him.
Florida made the full-court press before the Nebraska trip with almost the entire staff visiting, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens. Along with several other folks, I put in a crystal ball pick for Blades to Nebraska. There just seems to be too much smoke coming from a lot of places to really dismiss it.
As far as Deommodore Lenoir goes, It also sounds like he dug his visit. No visit for next weekend is set up with him, so it’ll be interesting to see how much Oregon goes back on the offensive with Lenoir once he gets home. We’ll find out though what he’s thinking cause...
Top 3 Monday .....— DLeno (@Deommo_Lenoir) January 20, 2017
- One guy that Nebraska did make at least a difficult decision with is Bryan Thompson, who was thought of being a Oregon lean. He may wait till NSD, which would make an interesting Signing Day for Nebraska and waiting on players to commit and sign.
- Nebraska RB verbal Jaylin Bradley and his family loved the visit to Lincoln.