A couple things to note after the final after practice media availability on Thirsday for Nebraska:
- Defensuve Tackle Mick Stoltenberg, who was lost for the season last year with a knee injury, will not be available on Saturday. Stoltenberg hurt the same knee in a pass rushing drill this week. It does not sound like the injury is season threatening, however.
- Much injured Cornerback Charles Jackson has left the team, Riley announced. Jackson will stay on scholarship through the rest of the year, however. One has to wonder where he would be sans the injuries he has suffered in his career.
- Stoltenberg being out will let Carlos Davis make his first ever start at Nebraska.
- DeMornay Pierson-El, who was listed as the top person on Punt Return but did not appear in that role at all vs. Fresno State, will be the first one in the game this week per Riley.
- After just one week in the press box, OL coach Mike Cavanaugh will be on the field. Riley stated in his weekly presser that moving Cav back down was a possibility.
- Finally, Safety Antonio Reed, who missed last week’s game due to injury, is cleared & will play per Riley.