On a picture perfect day in Lincoln, the Huskers rode the arm of Tommy Armstrong and another big 4th Quarter to their second win of the season; 52-17 over the Wyoming Cowboys. Armstrong threw for 377 yards and three touchdowns, setting a new school record for career touchdown passes, passing Taylor Martinez on the career charts. Alonzo Moore and Jordan Westerkamp both hauled in more than 100 yards on the day.
The Husker secondary locked down the Cowboys QB Josh Allen, intercepting him five times, breaking open a tight game after three quarters. In his return from suspension, safety Nathan Gerry picked off Allen twice. Kieron Williams recorded an interception in his second straight game.
The Huskers look to complete a perfect non-conference schedule when they host the Oregon Ducks in one of the most anticipated games in recent memory. The Huskers and Ducks will take the Memorial Stadium field at 2:30 next Saturday on ABC.
More From Corn Nation
- Austin Allen: A Scouting Perspective
- Nebrasketball Profiles: Trey McGowens
- Cornhuskers React: What Changes Need to Be Made?
- Hey Rube...
- Nebraska Volleyball Remains Unbeaten in the Big Ten with a 3-0 win over Iowa
- #9 Nebraska Volleyball is Unbeaten in the Big Ten versus Iowa: Who Hasn’t Won in the Big Ten