The time is upon us for all folks that love Nebraska Cornhuskers Football to make their annual April pilgrimage to the Capital City for the Red/White Scrimmage.
This year, like all the other ones before it, is an early afternoon kickoff. This could be a great thing for you or a terrible one, depending on your plans and want to that Saturday afternoon.
The University of Nebraska's AD wants you to remember some things as you walk out the door and come to Memorial Stadium on Saturday. Those things are:
Tickets remain available on Huskers.com through Friday using the print-at-home option, and tickets can also be purchased in person at the Nebraska Athletics Ticket Office on Stadium Drive. Fans are strongly encouraged to buy their tickets in advance to avoid long lines on game day at ticket selling locations or will call windows.
Reserved tickets for the game are $10 each, while youth eighth grade or younger will be admitted free and are encouraged to take part in the Drug Free Pledge at halftime. Youth must still secure a complimentary ticket for the game.
• The Drug-Free Pledge will take place at halftime, but those taking the pledge will do so from the stands rather than on the field. This change is being put into place as a safety measure at Memorial Stadium.
• Fans who do not purchase tickets before Saturday can do so at the following locations—Nebraska Athletics Ticket Office (Stadium Drive Parking Garage), Gate 10 ticket windows (NW corner of stadium) and the East Stadium Plaza.
• The Ticket Office and Gate 10 locations will have cash and credit card sales. The East Stadium plaza location will be a cash-only sales location. Any reduced rates or kids tickets need to be purchased/secured at the Ticket Office or Gate 10. Those tickets are not available on the East Stadium Plaza selling location.
• Fans may enter any open gate at Memorial Stadium. The following gates will not be available for entrance on Saturday—Gates 1, 6, 8 and 17. Some additional gates will close after kickoff.
• UNL Parking Services will cashier Lot 9 (14th and Avery Parking Garage) and other campus lots for public parking. The charge will be $5 per vehicle. Public parking will also be available at Haymarket Park and the Pinnacle Bank Arena festival parking for $5.
• STARTRAN will be providing shuttle service from South Pointe Pavilions (27th and Pine Lake) and North Star High School (5801 No. 33rd Street). The buses will park on R Street near the Lied Center. Shuttles begin at noon and return trips start at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Cost is $5 per adult each way and $5 round trip for kids.
• The Husker Nation Pavilion (HNP) will be open from 10 a.m. to kickoff in the normal Pavilion location by the Hawks Championship Center. Inflatables, face painting and other family friendly options will be available in the Pavilion area.
• Nebraska’s national championship volleyball team will be signing autographs at the Pavilion from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
• The volleyball team will be presented their championship rings on the field during the break between the first and second quarter.
• 2016 Nebraska football schedule cards can be picked up at the Pavilion and other locations around the stadium.
• Nebraska will honor more than 60 football student-athletes named to the Brook Berringer Citizenship Team during pregame ceremonies. The team honors outstanding community outreach efforts. The presentation of the Brook Berringer Citizenship Team will happen approximately 20 minutes before kickoff.
• During a break in the first quarter, new UNL Chancellor Ronnie D. Green will be recognized. Green will officially replace retiring Chancellor Harvey Perlman this summer.
• Husker Sports Network will provide live radio coverage of the Red-White game statewide and around the world through Huskers.com and on the TuneIn app. Husker Sports Network coverage begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
• The game can be seen live on BTN2Go at 1 p.m. It will be televised on a tape-delay basis on BTN at 4 p.m. CT on Saturday, and other times throughout the coming week. Larry Punteney, Damon Benning and Blake Lawrence comprise the broadcast team.