I’m one of the new basketball guys here at Corn Nation. I will hopefully be giving you somewhat entertaining takes on Nebrasketball for the upcoming season. If not, I am sure the Corn Nation elders will be more than happy to give you another ritualistic sacrifice to the Big Ten basketball gods.
I will also be tweeting a lot of the games so if you like updates on play and random bits of trivia and history feel free to follow me.
But for starters, here is a rundown of the 2015-16 Nebrasketball Schedule. Following this, I will be doing a breakdown once or twice a week on all the opponents leading up to the season.
2015-16 Nebrasketball Schedule
Monday, November 9th - Northern State (H)
- Northern State is a hip-hop trio out of New York.
Saturday, November 14th - Mississippi Valley State (H)
- Anyone want to comment on what a "Delta Devil" is?
Tuesday, November 17th – Villanova (A)
- Finally, a non-fictional team on the schedule
Thursday, November 19th - Delaware State (H)
- Any chance we could get VP Biden at this game? Maybe a selfie with Tim Miles?
Tuesday, November 24th - Arkansas - Pine Bluff (H)
- Not Arkansas
Barclays Center Classic Tournament
Friday, November 27th – Cincinnati (A)
- Like their chili, this one might leave us with some indigestion
Saturday, November 28th - Tennessee/George Washington (A)
- This would be awesome if Bruce Pearl was still at Tennessee
Big Ten/ACC Challenge
Tuesday, December 1st – Miami (H)
- Who would like to troll Miami fans on twitter with me?
Saturday, December 5th - Abilene Christian (H)
- It’s a school, in Texas
Wednesday, December 9th – Creighton (A)
- Did I mention I married a Jaysker…..
Sunday, December 13th – Rhode Island (H)
Sunday, December 20th – Samford (H)
- Bobby Bowden’s Alma Mater because he got scared at ‘Bama
Tuesday, December 22nd – Prairie View (H)
- I live on the prairie and I have a beautiful view of it…..Okay, now I’m reaching
Big Ten Conference Play
Wednesday, December 30th – Northwestern (H)
- Conference play starts and The Vault starts getting full
Saturday, January 2nd – Indiana (H)
- Indiana will score, a lot.
Tuesday, January 5th – Iowa (A)
- Big losses here with White and Olaseni gone but still a good team
Saturday, January 9th – Rutgers (A)
- Unfortunately, bottom in football and probably basketball this year too.
Tuesday, January 12th – Minnesota (H)
- Right now, I see them and us around the same level. Could be an interesting game.
Saturday, January 16th – Illinois (A)
- I can't get a read on this team yet. Hopefully I will by the time their preview is written.
Wednesday, January 20th – Michigan State (A)
- Possibly the best defense in the conference.
Saturday, January 23rd – Michigan (H)
- Will probably challenge Michigan State for defense.
Saturday, January 30th – Purdue (A)
- Another team I have yet to figure out. I think they might be something if they get the right leadership on the court.
Wednesday, February 3rd – Maryland (H)
- Many pick Maryland as the preseason conference #1. Nice to have them at home.
Saturday, February 6th – Rutgers (H)
- Yep, they're on here again.
Wednesday, February 10th – Wisconsin (A)
- Biggest question is whether Coach Ryan will retire at the end of the seaon
Saturday, February 13th – Penn State (H)
- I keep thinking they will make it into the middle of the pack in the B1G, but I doubt this is the year.
Wednesday, February 17th – Indiana (A)
- Anyone else getting on this whole College Gameday in Bloomington thing?
Saturday, February 20th / Sunday, February 21st – Ohio State (H)
- Is the B1G making their own #Pac12AfterDark?
Thursday, February 25th – Penn State (A)
- Do people go to Penn State games?
Tuesday, March 1st – Purdue (H)
- Jim Gaffigan went here. Makes sense, right?
Sunday, March 6th – Northwestern (A)
- Coach Collins might just be the coach to bring them to their first NCAA tournament game.
Wednesday, March 9th – Sunday, March 13th