The Nebraska Cornhuskers started their Fall Camp of 2015 on Thursday, you may have heard.
With all the dismissals and additions this past off-season, you may wonder what the 85 scholarship chart looks like for not only the season, but for the '16 recruiting class.
I've done these before, and apologize to not getting this out before the season. However, it seems like every year when I do these, something changes that messes it all up.
A couple of reminders as I do this:
- This is for where the player is listed for the season with no care of redshirts.
- Players will be put where the CN staff & I have seen them listed.
- No medical hardships are listed due to the fact that once placed on that, the player comes off the 85 listed.
|Running Back||Cross||T. Newby||A. Taylor||Wilbon
|Special Team Specialists||Foltz||D. Brown||Ober||3|
There are a few things to take away, which shows you the focus on recruiting:
- Offensive Tackle is a big, big focus heading through the next cycle. 4 Seniors leave, and that's a pretty young group to come in. It will be young regardless, but at the same time there has to be talent to plug in.
- That is a whole lot of youth at Linebacker, and that would be evident even if David Santos was still around.
- I think the one spot Nebraska is behind in the '16 cycle is WR. You have three quality guys leaving, and no one currently with a verbal to Nebraska.
- I did keep Dwayne Johnson on the list, while not being on the 105 man roster, he is still a scholarship player.
Graduating Seniors (18) plus open spots (3) equals 21 spots on the '16 cycle. With the +3 rule, Nebraska can sign up to 24 players at this time.