- The Nebraska Cornhuskers could, and should, be getting another commitment on Friday.
I'll be committing this Friday, June 26th‼️— JoJo Domann (@TheDomannator) June 23, 2015
Husker LB/Athlete target JoJo Domann will be pulling the hat out of the basket on Friday. Everyone on his 247 prediction thread thinks it's Nebraska, as well as I do.
JoJo could be getting on board now to make sure that he still has a spot, as Nebraska will probably fill their LB quota very soon. That being said, he could very well be a Safety for this cycle.
- Another big time Husker target should be, at the very least, trimming his list and having Nebraska on his final 5.
Big decisions coming soon!— xavier kelly (@xavierkelly22) June 23, 2015
Wichita Defensive End Xavier Kelly will probably be trimming his list down to his final 5 schools to visit this fall. I went and made the call for Nebraska in his Crystal Ball. I like this decision because not only is HC Mike Riley tight with Mom, but Kelly will be able to literally step into Lincoln and be one of the top off-the-corner guys on the roster. Freedom Akinmoladium is the same size, but raw. Greg McMullen will be a Senior, and past that the depth chart is wide, wide open.
- Remember DiCaprio Bootle, the young man who turned heads at Nebraska's visit to Miami last week? He got what he was looking for yesterday.
The Miami Southridge CB has gotten his offer, and not many people can see him not being taken by Nebraska. That is, unless Arizona State offers him sometime today or tomorrow.
Look for a visit sometime before Fall Camp starts. If things go well there, he's going to be a Husker.
- The Huskers have also (possibly) offered another player from their Miami camp, this time a Florida verbal.
Christopher McWilliams, from Miami Southwest HS, also just picked up a Miami offer a couple days ago. Louisville and Cincinnati like McWilliams as well.
(as I am writing this, McWilliams wrote a tweet saying he had not gotten an offer, but it was deleted. We will see on this one)
- I made a mention on twitter Tuesday about how well the Big Ten has done in their recruiting prowess this cycle.
Nebraska could land Xavier Kelly & Jojo Domann and go to 17th in the 247Sports Nat. composite.. and stay 5th in the B1G conference— Brian Towle (@BrianRTowle) June 23, 2015
It's no joke either. With the way Michigan State has picked up the ball, Nebraska is 5th in the Big Ten rankings with a big, big amount of distance between them and 4th place Penn State. The B1G has done well so far in recruiting wars, and that is the help of not only satellite camps, but also on-field performance. That's no slight on Nebraska, however a compliment to how the top 2/3's of the conference has done work.