The Media Microscope is back in focus and this time around we have one of Corn Nation's editors, Salt Creek and Stadium, under the lens.
If this is your first time reading this series, the goal of this feature is to evaluate Husker Nation's popular writers and personalities through the lens of the fan. Critique those that critique for a living. The rules are simple:
- I present the media personality up for your review (i.e. Joe Schmoe - Lincoln Journal Star)
- You vote in the poll at the bottom of the article
- You comment with the one thing you like most (Thumbs Up) and the one thing you dislike most (Thumbs Down) about the media personality under review (i.e. Thumbs Up - Love his honest take on the columns he writes/Thumbs Down - I wish he would stop referencing the previous coaching staff)
- After enough responses are gathered, I will summarize all positive and critical comments in a later post. If you have the same sentiment as others that's perfectly fine as the point is to find the common denominator for each media personality.
- Got it? Good.
Before you sing the praises of the popular writer, here are a few of Salt's most notable works:
- Op-Ed: Let The Staff Fail You On The Field- Salt urges fans to let the new football coaching staff "lose or gain your trust between the hash marks, not from names on paper."
- Editorial: I Don't Know the 1990s Cornhuskers- Salt explains his experience as a Nebraska fan and in the process encourages fans to realize each member of Husker Nation observes the game from a different point of view and frame of reference.
- Op-Ed: Oklahoma Lost That Loving Feeling - The state of Nebraska football's current rivalries is analyzed.
Have at it, Corn Nation. Let us know what you what you think of Salt's work by voting in the poll below and by leaving a comment in the format detailed above. If you have an article or radio segment featuring Mr. Salt you think the community should review before offering their critique, feel free to share that as well.
If you prefer to remain anonymous with your feedback, feel free to email me at derek (at) nocoastbias (dot) com.
Previous Media Microscope Results:
Dirk Chatelain of the Omaha World-Herald