The Media Microscope is back in focus and this time around we have one of the Omaha World-Herald's lead columnists in Dirk Chatelain under the lens.
If this is your first time reading this series, the goal of this feature is to evaluate Husker Nation's popular writers and personalities through the lens of the fan. Critique those that critique for a living. The rules are simple:
- I present the media personality up for your review (i.e. Joe Schmoe - Lincoln Journal Star)
- You vote in the poll at the bottom of the article
- You comment with the one thing you like most (Thumbs Up) and the one thing you dislike most (Thumbs Down) about the media personality under review (i.e. Thumbs Up - Love his honest take on the columns he writes/Thumbs Down - I wish he would stop referencing the previous coaching staff)
- After enough responses are gathered, I will summarize all positive and critical comments in a later post. If you have the same sentiment as others that's perfectly fine as the point is to find the common denominator for each media personality.
- Got it? Good.
Before you sing the praises of the popular columnist, here are a few of Chatelain's most notable works:
- Mad Chatter: Warren bolts for Carolina, Petteway's quick temper, the UNC/NU parallel- Dirk provides his take on the latest sports and pop culture stories in his recurring "Mad Chatter" feature.
- The Disappearance of Small-town Football- In this long-form article, Chatelain discusses the changing landscape of football throughout rural Nebraska.
- The Pelini Paradox? There are no good answers - Chatelain details the curious case of former Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini's coaching record.
Have at it, Corn Nation. Let us know what you what you think of Chatelain's work by voting in the poll below and by leaving a comment in the format detailed above. New members will have to go through the 24-hour sign-up approval process. If you have an article or radio segment featuring Dirk Chatelain you think the community should review before offering their critique, feel free to share that as well.
If you prefer to remain anonymous with your feedback, feel free to email me at derek (at) nocoastbias (dot) com.
Previous Media Microscope Results: