It's been purposefully quiet on the Nebraska Cornhuskers recruiting trail, and for the reason that the Huskers have seen this prime-time matchup vs. Michigan State as one of the bigger weekends in recruiting.
Nebraska has made a point to save up recruiting visits, and this weekend will have a plethora of OV's that could help the Huskers recruiting class, no matter what service you would rather use.
As always, these are scheduled and it may be added to or subtracted through the weekend.
Kingston Davis: Running Back, Pratville, Alabama (Michigan verbal)
David Reese: Inside Linebacker, Farmington, Michigan (Michigan verbal)
Desmond Fitzpatrick: Wide Receiver, Waterford, Michigan (Louisville verbal)
Tre Bryant: Running Back, St. Louis, Missouri (was a K-State verbal, decommitted Wednesday)
Lamar Jackson, Athlete (Safety), Elk Grove, California
Markell Simmons: Safety, Pima CC, Tucson, Arizona
Justin Johnson: Safety, Calabasas, California (Unofficial)
Added: Christian Ellsworth: QB, Grand Island Northwest
Set to visit Nebraska this weekend for the Michigan State game!! ⚪️— Christian Ellsworth (@ellsy15) November 5, 2015
- Previously, Nebraska verbal Marquel Dismuke was to visit this weekend, but something about testing came up, and now he won't. Don't sweat it, however, look for him at the Iowa game.
Who could we see commits from this weekend? I would give Bryant a thought, considering he was looking for a Nebraska offer & just left the Wildcats yesterday. Something from the Safety visitors as well. Simmons would probably jump if given the chance, plus Nebraska wants Lamar Jackson badly.
Other recruiting news:
- Look for George Hill, RB out of Hubbard, Ohio to line up a visit to Nebraska, probably for the Iowa game if not after the season. Hill decommitted from Ohio State back in October and is looking to visit Michigan State, Pitt and Wisconsin.
- If you're looking for a JUCO DE to help with pass rush in '17, the Huskers are aware of it as well. They just offered Jordan Bonner, DE from NEO A&M Junior College.
- Nebraska just offered Cedar Rapids TE Shaun Beyer, who was just offered by Air Force as well. Interesting move here, considering that those are Beyer's first 2 offers from FBS schools. He is a North Dakota State verbal, so will be interesting to see what happens when Beyer visits for the Iowa game as he's listed.
- If Nebraska uses all their OV's lined up this weekend, they will be at 24 used OV's through the cycle so far, which is almost 1/2 of their allotted ones.
- If you're sweating Patrick O'Brien or anyone else bolting because of the season, well, nope.
All the trust in the world of coach Riley and staff they will get the job done all it takes is a little time— Patrick O'Brien™ (@oneandonlyPOB) November 5, 2015
UPDATE: Well, count 2 guys out. I did add the Grand Island QB up top, but KJJ and Hightower seem to not be coming now.