The Media Microscope is back in focus and this time around we have our fearless leader Jon Johnston under the lens.
If this is your first time reading this series, the goal of this feature is to evaluate Husker Nation's popular writers and personalities through the lens of the fan. Critique those that critique for a living. The rules are simple:
- I present the media personality up for your review (i.e. Joe Schmoe - Lincoln Journal Star)
- You vote in the poll at the bottom of the article
- You comment with the one thing you like most (Thumbs Up) and the one thing you dislike most (Thumbs Down) about the media personality under review (i.e. Thumbs Up - Love his honest take on the columns he writes/Thumbs Down - I wish he would stop referencing the previous coaching staff)
- After enough responses are gathered, I will summarize all positive and critical comments in a later post. If you have the same sentiment as others that's perfectly fine as the point is to find the common denominator for each media personality.
- Got it? Good.
- "We Are Marshall" And "The Marshall Story" - Hollywood vs Reality: Johnston interviews one of the authors of "The Marshall Story" and discusses the similiraties and differences between the movie adaptation and the source material.
- Nebraska Hires Ari Fleischer To Handle Football Media Relations & Northwestern To Use Radio To Learn Nebraska Plays: Johnston contributes to the popular and infamous "Cobby" pseudonym with satire regarding Nebraska football's public relations efforts and the Northwestern Wildcats' book smarts.
- Corn Flakes: Brown To YSU, Football To Use Performance Lab (For First Time?): Jon compiles the latest Husker happenings, fun sports news, and interesting topics throughout pop culture in his recurring "Corn Flakes" feature.