Your Nebraska Cornhuskers took the field for the first official workout of the 2014 season on Monday night.
The Huskers, who will practice once daily this week, went around 90 minutes both inside the Hawks Championship Center and the outdoor fields on the North side of Memorial Stadium. The team did not don any pads other than helmets, per NCAA rules.
After practice, Head Coach Bo Pelini did mention some things...
- Long Snapper Gabe Miller is out for a couple of days with a "back issue" according to Pelini.
- Pelini did state that, if something should happen to Miller, that Josh Banderas and Nathan Gerry are options. The only other LS on the roster is Freshman Josh Faulkenberry.
- Freshman LB Jaevon Walton missed the first practice as he was back home in New Orleans. Pelini stated that Walton should be rejoining the team soon.
- Safety LeRoy Alexander had a "tweak" in one of his hamstrings. He is listed as day to day, as we all are.
- Pelini did state that, even though there were a lot of mistakes, the enthusiasm and tempo was there. "It was a start, and we have a long way to go" said Pelini.
Nebraska returns to the practice field on Tuesday. Every practice this week will be in the evening, starting at approximately 6:45 each evening except for 11am on Saturday. There will be media access on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.