Nebraska's Spring Football game tomorrow at Memorial Stadium won't be your tradtional Red/White aspect. Because of numbers and such, HC Bo Pelini has decided to go with a modified points system for the scrimmage.
The point system, rewarding certain things that each side of the ball does, will be explained below by the Huskers tweet.
#Huskers Red-White scoring summary. Who you got? #HuskersRed or #HuskersWhite More: http://t.co/oZMLTEWsBG pic.twitter.com/TW4Y51Tv5E— Nebraska Huskers (@Huskers) April 11, 2014
So, to summarize, it's good if the Offense goes 80 yards for a TD, but if the Defense creates turnovers (which we ALL know could very well happen with this O), then the D gets some decent points as well.
Other points the Husker staff should consider:
- 25 points for fielding a punt and returning it more than 10 yards
- 20 points for Vincent Valentine fielding a punt cleanly.
- 10 if a "KILL" playcall goes for a first down
- 100 if Ameer Abdullah goes all Heisman pose while scoring a TD
- 20 points if Jay-Z or Pharrell gets played on the sound system
- Minus all the points if Pharrell's song is "Happy"
The Spring Game will kick off at 2pm in Memorial Stadium, and broadcast on Big Ten Network at 7pm Saturday. Gates open 90 minutes before kickoff.