(Highlights are provided as in linked names, if available)
1. OG DJ Foster - The last time we eyeballed Foster, the two teams that played for the 2012 SEC Championship had eyes on him. You can add another team from the nation's best conference as the Florida Gators are dipping their toe into the Cornhusker State.
Alabama's yet to offer which reeks of trying to figure out the numbers on their end (because surely that has to be a horrible thing for Nick Saban and company to do).
At this point, Florida appears to be sending out feelers, but they may be waiting to see if Foster whittles down to a top five and whether or not Nebraska resides in it. This is about as close to a near lock as you can get in the wonderful world of recruiting. [Profile]
2. DT Peyton Newell - If you read up on Newell last week, you may have freaked a bit when the South Carolina talk started up. The Huskers and Gamecocks appear to be Nos. 1A and 1B for his services as it stands, but like Foster, this battle will likely take a while.
Oh, you'd best save the date. [Profile]
Releasing my Top 5 schools on June 1st.— Peyton Newell (@p_newell) May 14, 2013
3. QB Nico Pierre- Nico remains the signal-caller du jour on the Big Board. This may be a position where you'll see a swarm of names pop up, much like last year. Keep in mind, this is a list partially based on interest both ways.
Pierre was recently visited by Wisconsin's offensive coordinator, but things appear steady with him as of now. [Profile]
4. DB Dominique Fenstermacher - Welcome back, Dom! The Window Maker is back as a member of the Fab Five and thanks to Terry Joseph, Dom could end up as a #BOOM down the line. Unfortunately, he was unable to host the Nebraska secondary coach due to illness.
Originally, Dom said he'd choose his new home this month, but that's been pushed back to an undetermined period of time.
There are two things to take into consideration, though: He loved his experience at the Red-White Game and is looking to potentially come in for an early home game to see the real deal. [Profile]
5. S Joshua Kalu - We end this week's Big Board with a newbie in Kalu. He was offered earlier this month and considering he's in Texas, the dynamic duo of Tim Beck and Terry Joseph may pay him a visit sooner rather than later.
A prime contender for his services appears to be the Colorado Buffaloes. While the whole Alex Lewis thing isn't going great just yet, Nebraska needs safeties and Kalu already is close to where he needs to be in terms of size as a senior-to-be. Snatching this player away from the Buffs would be 15 kinds of satisfying. [Profile]