(* denotes a possible subscription needed)
Your balanced breakfast of Huskerdom:
- ICYMI: What the Boilermakers have been up to on the gridiron and a De-Tassling the Huskers episode that immediately sparked debate.
- After what Husker Nation's experienced thanks to a little boy named Jack, take a moment to read up on a Brian Archie, a young man who managed to escape a horrific life and who is no longer with us, but has a son that is. [Bull Run]
- Women's volleyball's Hayley Thramer had her senior season cut short thanks to an injury against Wichita State. [LJS]*
- Hopefully the draftable Huskers like Monopoly. It's going to be a while before they get a call. [RCJ/LJS]
- Former kicker Brett Maher's getting positive marks from NFL scouts. [KHAS]
- Not many saw Spencer Long climbing to the ranks of an All-American, not even himself. [ESPN]
- Athlon ranks Ameer Abdullah as the B1G's No. 2 running back overall. [Athlon]
- Nebraska football has to play hot potato with its future football schedules due to the B1G's new conference play policy. [ESPN]
- College football's playoff has a new name (College Football Playoff), a list of hosting sites (Arlington, TX is up first) [ESPN] and wants you to help pick a logo! [CFBP]
- Offer news!
Jason Hall, a 6-foot-3 DB out of South Grand Prairie, was offered by #Nebraska today. #Cornhuskers— William Wilkerson (@ESPNwilkerson) April 24, 2013
Just finished a super visit w/ Coach Rick Kaczenzki from Nebraska. He was checking in on Danny Burns, whom they've offered. ALL IN!— Jason Krause (@fairfieldfb) April 24, 2013
- Big Red baseball had a wild back-and-forth with Kansas State, but ultimately dropped the contest 13-10. The win gives KSU the season series sweep.
- In more positive news, the No. 16 softball club blanked Creighton 6-0. [Official Site]
- Huskers Track and Field hosted the Pre-Drake Meet. They didn't disappoint winning 19 event titles. [Official Site]
- Senior Jessica Furlan was named Big Ten Female Track Athlete of the Week [Official Site]
Love this incredible photo feature from the @dailyneb on the 2013 #Huskers: "Poise and Power" bit.ly/14PQKnp twitter.com/HuskersWGym/st…— Nebraska Women's Gym (@HuskersWGym) April 24, 2013
- Well...he's out there. May as well follow him before he gets shot full of elephant tranquilizers.
@eightlaces THIRD TIMES THE CHARM, EH SLAPDOODLE?— Cobby (@CobbyNation) April 25, 2013