Ever since Taylor Martinez took over as Nebraska's starting quarterback four years ago, his status as a "true" quarterback has been in question. However, he's publicly stated that his goal is to become a signal-caller in The League.
Can he accomplish this? After reading about two factors in becoming an effective NFL quarterback, I decided to consult with one of the finest minds in football statistics today, creator of the College Football Matrix, Dave Bartoo.
Bartoo and I discuss such topics as:
- Whether or not Martinez can reach his goal
- His appropriate place on an NFL football field
- Whether or not Nebraska is an "elite" program
- Overall NFL QB bust rates
- What will help or harm Martinez's chances
As Dave has demonstrated on radio waves across the country, the numbers never lie. Is Martinez destined for a shot in the NFL? Have a listen and find out.