In case you haven't noticed, during Salt's vacation, The Reads' authorship has essentially gone like this:
Probably the first time I've ever been compared to Ameer Abdullah, but we'll run with it. With that said, leggo.
- In case you haven't heard (and have been traumatized due to participation in the Poop Cruise), Barney Cotton has a longer title
- Baseball started the season in disappointing fashion. The Huskers sit 0-4 after losses to CSU -Bakersfield, Cal State Fullerton (twice) and Southern California. If we've learned nothing about Nebraska athletic teams over the past year, this is clearly the False Sense of Security defense® at work.
- Dear Leader Jon Johnston examined recent college baseball RPI changes with Boyd Nation.
- Meanwhile, the lady softballers are on a 9-1 tear are matching the 10-game opening stretch in school history.
- Some saw Tim Miles' squad as a potential trap for Tom Izzo's Michigan State team. Unfortunately they were wrong. Regardless, our own David McGee again turned in some fantastic shots.
- Brett Maher looks to continue the tradition of (*) cramming Nebraska kickers into the NFL
- The 500-mile radius has been underscored for years as a necessary hunting ground for Nebraska football recruits. Statistics seem to indicate a shift away from signing prospects out of it.
- Bo Pelini is ready to tackle (*) the wonderful world of recruiting reform
- Randy York explores the idea of Jordan Hooper being the "Rex Burkhead of Women's Basketball"
- Speaking of the Lady Husker Roundballers, they're on a seven-game tear. Their latest adventure included a #BEATEMDOWN of Ohio State at the Devaney Center.
- Alfonzo Dennard testified in his trial stating (*) he didn't clock that cop. Considering the feeling I get when being pulled over, I'm somewhat inclined to believe him.
A happy Monday to ya! Be sure to check back with us here at Dear Ol' Corn Nation, home of the Anti-Offseason Crew AND complimentary donuts*.
*Donuts may or may not be here when you return.