As the editor, I'm happy to announce that Cornhusker Kickoff 2010 is now available! Cornhusker Kickoff 2010 is the Nebraska football yearbook you're looking for, with 128 ad-free pages of nothing but Husker football. This is our third edition, published by Maple Street Press.
Cornhusker Kickoff 2010 provides an extensive look at the upcoming season, much more than other pre-season magazines that may contain one or two pages about the Huskers. Since it contains no ads, along with plenty of photos, diagrams, and statistics, it will remain as a keepsake for years to come.
Hit the jump for more specific information about the contents.
As always, the yearbook provides a unit by unit breakdown of the 2010 football team, along with an extensive look at the 2010 opponents.
- Our very own Husker Mike Jaixen takes a look at the 2009 season.
- Yours truly tells you about Five Key Players for 2010, including five more you need to be aware of, along with a look at what happened that nearly blew up the Big 12 conference and lead to Nebraska joining the Big 10.
- Tad Stryker provides a look at what happened to the 2009 offense, and why the 2010 version will be better. He conducted an excellent interview with Niles Paul - a player that I believe is going to explode in 2010.
- Brian Christopherson, also of Husker Extra, provides an interview with Prince Amukamara regarding the teamwork that makes the defensive secondary so special.
- Chris Brown of Smart Football fame provides two articles in football geekin' style. He takes a look at the Husker offense, Shawn Watson's background, describing what Nebraska can do to be successful in the passing game, what made the wildcat offense so successful against Arizona in the Holiday Bowl, and how it will affect the 2010 season.
- Mark Fricke, author of Nebraska Cornhusker Football, is second to none when it comes to Husker football history. He provides a historic look at the Nebraska - Oklahoma Rivalry before it was cool (How's that for timing?).
- Brandon Vogel of Big Red Network looks at the Big 12 conference, answering the question - Is it all about Texas? (Funny thing about this one - it was in the works before the conference alignment talk exploded. Timing, again?)
- Brandon Cavanaugh of Husker Hype breaks down the 2010 recruits and walk-ons.
- Bill Connelly, from the Missouri site Rock M Nation provides an outsider's look at the 2010 season. It's a little different approach - but we will always provide an alternative look at the season ahead. It's a chance to see what our opponents are thinking!
- Corn Nation's own Brian Speers (Mr. Corn) looks at the running backs of the past decade.
Cornhusker Kickoff 2010 will be showing up in Nebraska in mid-July wherever pre-season magazines are sold . If you're not in Nebraska - or you don't want to wait, you can pre-order online from the Maple Street Press web site. The yearbook will be in the MSP warehouse and shipping late this week!