JJ reminded me on Friday about the 18 yard field goal against Pitt...something I had finally put behind me, which got me thinking of the Best and Worst moments of the Callahan era:
- Texas Tech scores their 70th point after Beau Davis' fifth turnover of the night.
- Kansas State sniffs out a swing pass in the end zone for their second safety of the game.
- Kansas hangs 40 on the Huskers in Lawrence.
- Callahan lets his emotions get the best of him against Oklahoma (throat slash/"F-in Hillbillies")
- 1-AA Maine pulls to within 1 score of the Huskers midway through the 4th quarter.
But, in the interest of ending on a positive note, I'll throw in the best moments:
- Callahan gets a Gatorade dunk from his players after blowing out Colorado in Boulder 30-3.
- Barry Turner blocks an A&M field goal, Todd Peterson makes a couple of clutch receptions, and Maurice Purify leaps for the game winner in College Station.
- Zack Bowman finally gets the Weasels out of bounds (since the Stanford band wasn't available) to seal an Alamo Bowl victory.
- The Huskers block an attempted Pitt game winning field goal.
- Joe Dailey completes pass-after-pass on the opening drive on the opening drive of the Callahan era. (OK, it didn't happen much after that, sans against Baylor...but it was a pretty exciting, impressive drive...)
Anybody want to throw out other candidates for best moments? (We really don't want to remember any more of those "other" moments...)