Lots of postseason play tonight for the Huskers. One team has a Big Ten Baseball Tournament game, the other one is playing in a NCAA Super Regional. Here's what you need to know for both.
Starters: Aaron Bummer (6-4, 3.93 ERA) vs. Cam Vieaux (6-4, 3.08 ERA)
Radio: Huskers Sports Network (Gary Sharpe, Lane Grindle, Ben McLaughlin)
Television: Big Ten Network
- Nebraska's 6 run comeback for a victory on Wednesday afternoon was the 3d time in TD Ameritrade Park history that a team has won the game trailing after 8 innings.
- The Huskers are 24-6 since the start of April, including a 9-1 record in the month of May.
- The winner of this game is off till Saturday morning at 9am, where they would play the winner of the 1-1 record game in Bracket B (Indiana's half). The loser of this game will come back to take on Illinois at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon.
Nebraska Cornhuskers (44-16) vs. Alabama Crimson Tide (48-11)
Game 1: 8pm Central, Rhoads Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Radio: Huskers Sports Network
Streaming: Watch ESPN
- Last week, the Husker Softball team won a road Regional for only the second time in school history. This is the second straight year with a Super Regional appearance for Nebraska.
- Something will have to give this weekend. Nebraska has one of the top away records in D1 Softball (18-4) while Bama is 26-3 at home this season.
- Hailey Decker has 5 HR's this postseason, 4 of them coming Sunday alone as Nebraska needed 2 victories against Missouri in Columbia to advance this far. She also has a 13 game hitting streak heading into tonight's game.
- Decker's 5 HR's is part of 11 total HR's the Huskers have so far this postseason in just 5 games, obliterating the previous school record of 6.