GOOD MORNING. Welcome to Corn Nation's coverage of the 2014 National Signing Day.
I will be here all morning with updates to this Story Stream, and you will find out of any surprises, both good and bad, throughout the whole day.
If you're wondering when everyone can send some faxes in, let the Nebraska Compliance folks help you out.
Recruits cannot sign a #NLI before 7am local time— Nebraska Compliance (@NUCompliance) February 4, 2014
That's 7am local time where the recruit is. So, as you could imagine, the folks from the East Coast can fax at 6am Lincoln time, then at 7am anyone in the Central, then 8am in the Mountain time zone, and finally the West Coast at 9am Lincoln time.
So far, Nebraska has three early enrollees into the school, therefore you won't see their faxes hit North Stadium. Those are:
Byerson Cockrell - Safety from East Mississippi CC in Scooba, Mississippi
Joe Keels - Defensive End from Highland CC in Highland, Kansas
Zack Darlington - Dual Threat Quarterback from Apopka HS in Apopka, Florida
Some quick notes as we start off the morning...
- Don't expect a LOI from Robert Lockhart today. Sounds like grades are an issue, and they may not be able to take his LOI till May, if at all.
- Kenyon Frison will be selecting his school about 8:30am this morning. He is between flipping to Nebraska, Oklahoma, or staying committed to Arizona State. I don't expect the Huskers to be in this fight, but stranger things have happened on NSD.
- There is this squeaking noise on the wheel somewhere that says Lloyd Tubman could pick Nebraska, but he never visited Lincoln. Penn St and Kentucky are the other 2 schools in this fight, and he decomitted from Penn State yesterday afternoon.
- Desean Blair will be picking his school at 8am Central. Nebraska was in it for the longest time, but he's stayed committed to Louisville with Missouri gaining steam.
- Finally, we get to Blake McClain. This last weekend, McClain was going to visit Nebraska and then consider South Carolina. Then on the visit to Lincoln, he committed. He is solid to Nebraska, but at the same time, his parents really want him to become a Gamecock. It's literally a 50-50 toss-up as to where McClain goes. If he flips to SC, the possibility of Spencer Williams comes back into play.
No matter what, we'll be updating both on here and on Facebook. Plus, the text messaging service is always in play, so don't forget that in case you can't be near a computer.
Shall we have fun folks? GET ON IT!
(BTW, like the new pic? Big thanks to Husker fan Josh Morse for his help with that)
- Nebraska Extends Assistant Coaches' Contracts; Only Kaczenski and Els Get Raises
- The Day Before '14 NSD For Nebraska: What To Expect And How To Follow Along
- Christian Gaylord, '15 Offensive Tackle, Commits To Nebraska.
- 2013 Nebraska Football: Newcomer of the Year
- Nebraska Snags 2 More To '14, Adds Another Big Piece To '15 Class In Fantastic Weekend.