A couple days ago we asked you to let us know who YOU think should be on Husker football's Mount Rushmore. This question sparked some great debate and lent itself to some comments we would like to highlight below:
- Wolvie flagged LukeinNE for including Lil' Red
- benahlquist pushed for Carl Pelini to be included on the Susan B. Anthony coin if we were going to include Taylor Martinez on the $2 bill
- #TeamSunshine predicts Ameer Abdullah will have to be included on the Mount Rushmore after next year...especially after he wins the Walker, Maxwell, Walter Camp awards as well as the ESPY for SEVERAL top plays of the year. Oh, and an Oscar and Golden Globe for AWESOMENESS.
- Salt Creek and Stadium's "Wall of Bills" ballot: Bill Jennings, Bill Callahan, Bill Glassford, William G. Kline
- 4everred dropped this knowledge - Of Nebraska's 20 losing seasons, 12 were coached by Bills. Bill Callahan, Bill Jennings, Bill Glassford, William G. Kline, and A. E. Branch. Why Branch? He graduated from Williams College.
- 4everred continued his stand-up routine by including his ballot for "Personalized Urinal Cakes" - Bill Callahan, Steve Pederson, Lawrence Phillips, Kevin Cosgrove, Texas (just because)
With all that being said, here are your Mount Rushmores of Husker Football based on your recs and comments. Yes, there was a tie:
Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Jerry Tagge, Tommie Frazier (5 votes) - and - Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney, Tommie Frazier, Mike Rozier (5 votes)
The Bobfather, T.O. and Touchdown Tommie were included in both foursomes, so to break the tie I tallied all the votes for both Tagge and Rozier. Based on my count, Rozier was voted in more than Tagge was so the foursome of Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney, Tommie Frazier and Mike Rozier is your "official" Mount Rushmore.
Here is how the voting broke down...
- Osborne 23
- Frazier 20
- Devaney 20
- Rozier 14
- Tagge 8
- Rimington 6
- Suh 6
- Rodgers 4
- Flippin 2
- Berringer 2
- Kinney 2
- Glover 2
- Novak 1
- Crouch 1
- Gill 1
- Booth 1
- Stiehm 1
- Lil' Red (BOO THIS MAN!) 1
- Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Jerry Tagge, Tommie Frazier (5 votes) - and - Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney, Tommie Frazier, Mike Rozier (5 votes)
- Rimington, Suh, Frazier, Rozier 4
- Osborne, Rimington, Suh, Rozier 3
- Kinney, Rodgeres, Tagge, Glover 2
- Frazier, Rodgers, Rozier, Flippin
- Devaney, Osborne, Lil Red, Berringer
- Devaney, Osborne, Novak, Flippin
- Devaney, Rodgers, Rozier, Osborne
- Osborne, Rozier, Crouch, Berringer
- Osbone, Devaney, Frazier, Suh
- Devaney, Osborne, Frazier, Gill
- Booth, Stiehm, Devaney, Osborne
- Devaney, Osborne, Tagge, Frazier
- Devaney, Osborne, Rimington, Frazier
I'm a little surprised Rozier received so many votes. He was a bad man, but I didn't realize how revered he was around here. The other picks didn't really surprise me.
Since the reception was great, we think we'll continue this series. I'm leaning towards doing the Mount Rushmore of The Blackshirts next, but if you have a suggestion please let me know in the comments section below. Great job, guys!