Nebraska baseball headed to the Twin Cities where the Huskers took a series from the Minnesota Gophers. Here are some shots of game action from the first two games of the series.
Impressions of the series:
- It was surprising that Nebraska shut the Gophers out in two of the three games. Minnesota has struggled hitting the ball, but not as much as the Huskers have in pitching.
- Husker bats did well against Minnesota starter Tom Windle on Friday. It was as if the Huskers were on a mission.
- As well as they played Friday, Saturday was a different story. The Gophers started poorly, committing three errors in the first inning and giving the Huskers two runs. It was as if Nebraska thought the game would be a pushover and lost focus after that.
- HC Darin Erstad stood in the dugout for a while after Saturday's loss, staring straight ahead and not saying a word to anyone. He had that look on his face that could melt steel.
- I didn't make Sunday's game, but listened to it in a haze of allergy medicine. I really would have liked to gone, but as it is I'm late publishing this because I am still fogged over.
- Hope you enjoy these!