After some recent concerns, the entire CN team sat down and put together some guidelines on how we'd like our community to work. We consider you part of our community, and while we dislike a lot of rules, we decided we needed something. Most of these are pretty much common sense, much like not yelling "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater. But every so often, sometimes we have to be reminded of these things:
Corn Nation desires to be a open community for Husker fans to discuss any and all Nebraska athletic programs. With that goal in mind, we have a few simple "rules of the road" that we ask all members to adhere to:
- Respect other members of the community, even if you disagree with their position. Don't post anything that you wouldn't say to that person if they were sitting next to you.
- Opposing viewpoints are always welcome; personal attacks are not. References to anybody's race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and political beliefs are not appropriate unless it is also the topic being discussed. (Iowa fans, Texas fans, and Steve Pederson are never considered protected classes, and are always fair game for ridicule, as long as you don't violate any of the other guidelines.)
- You can be banned at any time on a game thread if you have angered the host, Nebraska is losing, and he happens to be drinking gin. If the first two conditions have been met, consider yourself warned. (In other words, don't ask what the host is drinking unless you are buying!)
- In non-game thread discussions, you will be warned once before being banned. If you chose to ignore that warning and continue with the same behavior, you will be banned.
- Don't provoke confrontation to get a reaction. "Trolls" will be warned and banned from the community.
- Don't overpower the debate by repetitively posting your opinions over and over. Say your piece, and clarify it if people respond. At some point, everyone will just have to agree to disagree.
- SB Nation policy does not allow us to post links to illegal online streams of sports events. Any such posts will be removed.
- If you decide to post photos, make sure they are suitable for viewing by all fans of all ages.