Baseball bats catch fire, softball's not interested in Northwestern's efforts and ooooooo pretty!
Your balanced breakfast of Huskerdom:
- ICYMI: The Big Board made its triumphant return to cram some football into your basketball.
- The baseballers' bats came alive notching 16 hits en route to a 9-5 win in their Big Ten opener against Illinois (RPI 25). [Huskers.com] They'll be playing a doubleheader today due to potential unfriendly weather rolling into Champaign come Sunday.
- The No. 20 Big Red softball team was in no mood to be trifled with, knocking off Northwestern two times in a row. [Game One/Game Two]
- No. 4 Southern California and No. 5 Hawaii managed to squeak by the sand volleyball crew with both matches ending 3-2. [Huskers.com]
- A heap of quotes from the Lady Nebrasketballers' first day at the women's NCAA tourney. [Huskers.com]
- Husker sophomore wrestler Robert Kokesh earned All-American honors and Senior Josh Ihnen became the 21st Husker to earn win No. 100. [Huskers.com]
- If you're an Omaha native, you may be starting your day the Dunkin' Way soon thanks to former Huskers Kris Brown and Zach Wiegert. A spot at 144th and Pacific has been targeted.
- A pretty picture to fade out with: