Tipoff: 9:30pm CST Location: Galen Center - Los Angeles, CA
Television: Prime Ticket on DirectTV and Dish Network | Live Stats and Internet Radio: Huskers.com
Radio: IMG Husker Sports Network | KLIN 1400 in Lincoln - KFAB 1110 in Omaha - KRVN 880 in Lexington
Play by play - Kent Pavelka Color - Matt Davison
SCORE UPDATE: Final - Nebraska 64 USC 61 2OT
West coast game, which means most Husker fans will be getting this score with their Tuesday morning coffee. It's good news for me, as I will get out of work early enough to listen to the second half. Score!
Nebraska plays it's first decent team tonight. Although USC is predicted by most to end near the Pac 12 cellar, they still reached the NCAAs last season and should offer the Big Red a solid test at home.
Game Notes |
-Nebraska plays USC in the first of 12 games versus 2011 NCAA Tournament qualifying teams.
- Nebraska and USC are playing for the third straight year in a non-conference matchup. Nebraska has won the last two meetings by a combined 5 points.
- In 2010, Nebraska matched it's biggest comeback in school history, battling from 20 points down to beat the Trojans by 2 points.
- Brandon Richardson will be returning to his home turf. Richardson graduated form Hawthorne High School in Los Angeles.
- USC lost to eventual Final Four team VCU in the 2011 NCAA Tournament by a score of 46-59.
- Both Nebraska and USC led their conference in scoring defense last season. Expect a defensive war.
- USC's most experienced returning player is Sophomore Maurice Jones who averaged almost 10 points per game last season. The Trojans will also play junior Aaron Fuller, an Iowa Hawkeye tansfer who averaged almost 10 points per game during the 2009-10 season, and a hefty 12 points per game versus Big Ten competition.
If you are a night owl, and a Husker fan...here's your thread! GBR!