Not a whole lot going on in Big Red country, but right now with most teams in the off season, that's not a bad thing.
- You can hear parts of a pre-game, regular-season speech that Bo Pelini delivered in 2008 from Huskers.com maybe it'll get you fired up to get some work done?
Bo says quit goofing off and get some work done!!!
- Where did Kenny Wilson run to? Interesting story on former Husker Wilson-
They just didn’t want me to play," Wilson said softly after Friday’s game, hesitant to reveal specific details of his final college season. "It was hard, especially the last two semesters.
- The ITB Guys have Phil Steele on their podcast. Holy cow - the guy must inhale through his fingers. Ranking Kansas State over Kansas? He gives the explanation.
National championship within men’s track team’s grasp. Always nice to see the other Husker sports doing well.
The Daily Nebraskan takes a deeper look at all the football positions for the upcoming season.
- In the area of sweetness, the Lincoln Journal Star's Sipple reports on how Jared Tomich is now using his martial arts experience — he has a second-degree black belt in karate — to help improve other football players, including those at his alma mater. He calls it combat football, yep that's awesome.
Doc continues to build his basketball program, getting a much needed point guard, Kenyon McNeaill, a 6-foot-1 point guard from Conway, Ark.
- With the MLB draft today, Nebraska has already lost a player, SS Kline is leaving baseball team. Anderson needs to find a way to start getting and then keeping some talent.
- Below are Bruce Feldman's comments about Nebraska's first 2009 opponent-
Florida Atlantic: FAU: The Sun Belt doesn't get much respect, but the league's talent level is improving every year and its schools generally schedule some real heavyweights out of conference. I think Troy has the best chance to win this league, but the Trojans have to go to Florida and that's too steep for them. FAU, which returns a proven winner in QB Rusty Smith and his top seven receivers, is capable of winning the league and putting up a lot of points on anyone on its schedule. The Owls two toughest nonconference games are at Nebraska and at South Carolina. I think they'd be very fortunate to win one of those two especially since the Owls have to replace their top six tackles from 2008. Still, they have a much better shot taking down the Huskers and Cocks than Troy does winning at UF. Troy also has to go play an improving Arkansas team on the road as well.