Series History: Tied 2-2
Date: May 9th, 10th
Park: Haymarket Park
Game time: Saturday, 5:05 pm; Sunday, 1:05 pm
Saturday’s game will be live on NET (Ch. 12 and Ch. 112) and shown on a tape-delayed basis on CBS College Sports (CSTV) with the first airing Sunday afternoon.
Webcast: Games can be seen online for free at Huskers.com
Radio: Husker Sports Network and on the Internet at Huskers.com
- The start of today’s game has been delayed until 5:05 pm due to weather issues. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t make that either.
- Oklahoma State won last night 3-2 over Texas Tech, so the Huskers maintain a half game lead for second place.
- Last night’s game was an instant classic, two top teams battling it out in a game that went extra innings. The Aggies lead 3-2 going into the bottom of the ninth when the Huskers scored to tie it. Neither team had lost an extra inning game this season.
- In the 16th inning, the Aggies’ Dane Carter hit a three RBI double after the Huskers had given up three straight singles, giving the Aggies the win.
- It was shades of the 2005 Texas 16-inning game but Nebraska won that game and then went on to lose the series. Perhaps fortune will go our way this time, that this loss will turn into a series win for the Huskers.
- In the 15th inning, Mike Anderson filed a protest after the batter struck out swinging then called for batter interference on the throw to second to pick off a runner. The umps conferred, then sent the Aggie back to second. If there was batter interference, the guy should have been ruled out.
- Aggie coach Rob Childress had a problem with Mitch Abeita’s bat, at least that’s what I have down. It may have been Jake Optiz’ bat. The bat was confiscated for later examination. Maybe there was a nuclear device hidden in it, who knows.
- Last night’s crowd of 8,708 was the largest home crowd in the Big 12 this season and the third-largest crowd in Nebraska’s school history.
- You're welcome to join us for the game day thread, however in order to participate in posting, you must create an account using the "Create Account" link at the upper right. It will require a valid email address, but what doesn't these days?