Hey, I get to host a Blogpoll Roundtable this week. We’re going to do something akin to a mid-season review. Normally when a blog hosts a roundtable they begin by asking the questions and answering them along with the initial posting. I’m not going to do that this time because I’m not going to set any expectations.
The questions aren’t difficult, but you’re starting with a clean slate, so after the jump you’ll get a series of questions with no answers. I’ll provide my own answers as soon as I get the chance.
(And to be honest, I’m traveling again, this time in central Wisconsin. Not many breaks today.
Don’t make fun. Wisconsin isn’t so bad. The food is better than you think, there are microbreweries everywhere with good beer you’ve never heard of, and if you like cheese, well.… yeeehahaa!)
1. We’re about half way through the season. Has your team met your expectations, wildly exceeded them, or are you about to light the torches and storm your athletic department demanding blood?
2. In an election year, all sorts of promises will be made, few will be kept. What is one promise or item you thought you could count on that hasn’t come to pass yet this season? Is there still a chance?
3. Georgia #1... No, USC #1.… No, Oklahoma #1.… No, Texas #1! Who’s the real #1 team, and who do you think will make it to the big BCS National Title game?
4. In only a few weeks, college football fans get to be treated with the obligatory and annual “We Need a Playoff” screaming. Well, you don’t get a playoff, but I’ll let you make one change to the BCS (and no, you can’t cop out and have the BCS commit suicide) to make the world a better place. What is your change?
5. Using this year ONLY - no historical references - respond to the statement “The Big 12 is a better conference than the SEC”. There’s nothing sillier than conference wars, but then again, there’s nothing sillier than how SEC fans respond to any challenge to their supremacy. Aim, Fire!