Don't know what I was looking at earlier in the day, but I was incorrect when I stated that Oral Roberts had beaten Oklahoma State to advance.
- Oklahoma State, a #3 seed, will play another #3 seed, Louisville in a Super Regional.
- Michigan knocked off #1 national seed Vanderbilt. Vandy was the team that many thought was too good to be beaten and an Omaha favorite. A solo home run in the 10th by Michigan puts them in a Super Regional versus the winner of tomorrow's Oregon State and Virginia game. Oregon State forces a winner-take-all match after beating Virginia tonight, 5-3.
- Texas A&M advanced by beating Louisiana-Lafayette 5-2. They will face fellow Texans Rice in the upcoming Super Regional.
- Wichita State advances by beating Arizona, 3-0. They will play #2 seed UC Irvine, who advanced after beating Texas.
- UCLA advanced, and will play Cal State Fullerton.
- Ole Miss will play Clemson - who eliminated Coastal Carolina tonight, 15-3.
- North Carolina will play South Carolina after SC eliminated Charlotte 11-6 tonight.
The National Top Eight Seeds were:
- Vanderbilt (gone)
- North Carolina - 2006 CWS runner-up
- Texas (gone)
- Arizona State
- Florida State (gone)
- Arkansas (gone)
- San Diego (gone)
It's been a fairly wild run so far, eh?