The Spring Game will be televised on the NFL Network at 8:00 pm Central Saturday night! I get the NFL Network!
- Nebraska's Sam Keller tear it up against reserves!
- Matt Davison join announcer Greg Sharpe in a nationwide recruiting extravaganza!
- Bill Callahan talk in coach-speak most of the night!
- No appearance by Steve Pederson!
- Football-starved Husker fans brave crappy weather for a chance to see all this live!
- No injuries (please!)
Is this great or what!! And it’s on a Saturday night, so I propose a very simple drinking game for the evening.
- One drink for every time Bill Callahan says "Great".
Chances are if you try this on you could wind up dead by the third quarter and I don’t want to be the one promoting binge drinking during a Husker football game, especially one during spring. It’s not real. You should wait until fall. Then drink in moderation, except for after a loss but then try not to swear so much during the 2007 season, something different for a change.
In the meantime:
We’ll see none of that Saturday night, unfortunately. I can’t believe such a big deal was ever made of it.
- First of all, Callahan is Irish. Every Irishman I know has a great temper. If it doesn’t come out once in a while, their heads will literally explode. No one wants that. Well, maybe bloggers do. And Don Imus.
- Second, anyone who has kids knows that this isn’t a throat slash, it’s the international sign for "I’ve had it up to HERE". I’ve used it several times this week and I’m not even Irish.
That is all.