Sixty five points. 65. I guess Callahan wanted us to forget all about the 2001 62-36 devastation that was Frank Solich's last game. I suppose that's a fitting end given this season. Kevin Cosgrove isn't so much of a defensive coordinator as he is an offensive coordinator for the other team.
Didn't get to see the game as I had to upgrade a firewall at a customer site which involved several hours of work. The last Colorado game I missed was Bill Callahan's first season when we went 5-6, so I suppose that's fitting as well.
- I listed to the game over the Internet. I like this announcing crew. Greg Sharpe does a good job, making me realize that I was glad that it wasn't called by Jim Rose.
- Maurice Purify had over 100 yards by half, didn't he? If I remember correctly, we had nearly 400 yards of offense in the first half, then we shoot ourselves in the head. Amazing.
- Now, we wait for the news we all know is coming. I thought that if Bill Callahan won this game today that he might save his job. Moot now, ain't it?
- Ganz finished with 484 yards, four TD's, but three INT's. We threw the ball 58 times, as opposed to running it 20. Does that make sense?
- Texas A&M is beating Texas right now, 24-17. If you want to see some insanity, check out the game day thread at BON.
- 5-7. Stating the obvious, Bill Callahan four years resulted in two losing seasons. It's over, regardless of how long it takes for them to announce it. Who knows who the next guy will be, but I think it's pretty safe to assume that our next defensive coordinator won't be giving up points like this one did.
Good bye Bill Callahan. I'm sad to say that I won't miss you much.